Stamped Concrete Lincoln, NE | What's the average price for stamped concrete?
Basic stamped concrete costs between $8 and $12 per square foot, but more complex projects can cost up to $18 per square foot. The cost of stamped concrete varies greatly depending on the cost of materials and labor in your area, as well as the complexity of the job. The most affordable stamped concrete has a single pattern and color, whereas more expensive installations have designs with multiple patterns and special coloring effects, such as hand-applied stain accents.
HOW MUCH DOES STAMPED CONCRETE COST?
The following are the typical cost ranges for basic, mid-range, and high-end stamped concrete projects:
$8-12 per square foot
A cheaper option featuring:
· One color
· One stamp pattern
$12-18 per square foot
A mid-range choice with:
· Multiple colors
· Contrasting patterns
$18+ per square foot
· The most expensive but most realistic option includes:
· Detailed hand-coloring
· Multiple stamp patterns and colors
· Specialty scored designs
Costs will vary depending on location, project size, and current material and labor costs. When you're ready to move forward with your project, get an estimate from a stamped concrete contractor in Independence, MO.
What is the cost of a stamped concrete patio?
The average patio dimensions are 12' x 14', or 168 square feet. With prices varying depending on the level of detail for your project, you can estimate the average costs to begin here:
• Basic: $1,344
• Mid-Range: $2,016
• High End: $3,024
How much does a stamped walkway cost?
A walkway costs between $6 and $12 per square foot, sometimes more, depending on the amount of detail you want on your surface. Because the surface area of walkways can vary so greatly, it is difficult to provide an average total cost. Please keep in mind that the smaller the square footage of a concrete surface, the higher the labor rates a contractor may charge. For smaller projects, some contractors may even have a flat minimum rate.
COST OF STAMPED CONCRETE VS. OTHER PAVING MATERIALS
While the cost of stamped concrete may be higher than that of asphalt or plain concrete, it is often comparable to, if not less expensive than, the cost of installing natural stone, flagstone, brick, or precast pavers. The main reason is labor—contractors believe that pouring concrete and applying a pattern is more cost-effective than hauling and placing individual paving units by hand.
Remember that your initial investment in a project is only a portion of the total stamped concrete cost equation. Don't forget to take the following factors into account:
• Longevity and maintenance. Stamped concrete is more durable and requires less maintenance than most other paving materials, resulting in significant cost savings over time.
• A rise in resale value. Many homeowners wonder if the cost of installing a stamped concrete patio or driveway is worthwhile. Yes, because it improves the curb appeal and aesthetic value of your home, allowing you to maximize your return on investment.
Is stamped concrete less expensive than pavers?
Because pavers are placed individually and require more labor, stamped concrete is less expensive. Their lovely appearance will most likely cost between $4 and $20 per square foot, depending on your overall design.
What is the cost difference between exposed aggregate and regular concrete?
Regular concrete will be less expensive to install because it is your standard grey slab. Adding a design element through the use of exposed aggregate will increase the overall cost but may save money when compared to a stamped surface.
The Advantages and Value of Stamped Concrete
Stamped concrete is popular among homeowners and decorators because it is less expensive to install and maintain. Stamped concrete can be used on top of existing flooring to achieve the desired look of stone, marble, or multi-color slate with minimal effort.
Because stamped concrete does not retain water, it is easier to maintain, and the design will last for many years, making it one of the most cost-effective ways to improve the look of your outdoor floor and decor.
· Keep colors simple. Stamped concrete benefits from the addition of color because it makes the pattern appear more realistic. To achieve an appealing design, however, you don't have to go overboard with hand-staining techniques or multiple layers of color. If
you use the same color for your border and fields, you can save a lot of money. You don't have to do much to make a difference.
· Make the most of concrete's ability to be poured in any shape. When stamped, your concrete walkway or patio, for example, does not have to be square or perfectly straight. Concrete can be formed into any shape you want at a low cost. Straight lines are used to install the simplest forms—obviously the simplest way to use forming materials. However, if you ask your contractor during the initial design phase, you may be surprised to learn that your concrete can conform to your landscaping or encircle an existing tree for little to no extra cost. Create meandering pathways or soften the square edges of your patio to increase the value of your stamped concrete.
· Create patterns with sawcuts. When you think of stamped concrete, don't just think of a repeating pattern. Saw cuts can be used to create a variety of unique designs. One idea is to sawcut curved control joints that look like large slate pieces. Your contractor can then add dimension to the surface with a texture skin.
· You can still achieve impressive results on a budget by combining stamped concrete with plain concrete fields, such as installing a driveway with only a border of stamped concrete.
· Alternately, do the work in stages, perhaps starting with the front driveway and walkway one year and moving on to your backyard patio or pool deck a year or two later. You will be rewarded for your perseverance!
· If you have a large area, going with a simple design is a great way to keep costs under control. Seamless skins are a type of stamp that adds realistic texture but no pattern (think grout lines). These are simpler and faster to use, lowering your costs.
For the Best Stamped Concrete Results in Lincoln, NE contact your local concrete contractor.
Estimates are the most accurate way to determine the cost of your patio floor makeover, and we guarantee the best results from our professional installation team. We can provide a variety of textures and colors to match your style, whether you are looking for stone, marble, multi-color tile, or slab.